Consists of the preparation of a project to define the works called for to perform the Urbanisation of the “Plan de Lacacão” in the western region of the island of Boa Vista, in the Republic of Cabo Verde. The work carried out was:
- Geometric definition on ground plans and elevation of the road network.
- Design of roads, parking spaces, pavements, pedestrian network and free green spaces.
- Definition of the networks of domestic, irrigation and fire prevention hydrant water distribution
- Definition of drainage network for the discharge of rainwater.
- Definition of the sewage system network for the discharge of waste water.
- Definition of the medium tension network and the distribution of low tension electrical supply.
- Definition of the network of public lighting.
- Definition of the network of telephony and communications.
- Design of gardens and definition of the irrigation network in the system of free spaces.
The area of the sphere of action comprises a total surface area of 1,285 hectares of which 647.35 hectares correspond to free zones of protection of the environment and 637.65 hectares to developed zones.
Under consideration is the construction of a road network with a total length of approx. 9,500 m with different standard sections in surfaces and lanes for motor traffic, structured into three levels:
- A main road (1st class) which, starting from the future intersection with the new structuring Airport-Praia Lacacâo road, runs east-west, perceptibly parallel to the coast.
- Six secondary access roads (2nd class).
- Entry roads (3rd class).
- Distribution roads (4th class).
For the network of rainwater drainage the execution of roadway drainage is contemplated through drainage holes and their discharge towards the natural drainage network or the sea by means of 8 cross drainage works (ODT in Spanish). Likewise a symmetrical triangular “guard ditch“, to be put in place on the natural terrain, along the perimeter of the zone of action.
Domestic Water Supply Network: this will be established from the tanks with a capacity of 18,605 m³, the pumping equipment is projected for a flow of 540 m³/h to 30 m.w.c. The network is projected as a double ring that surrounds the complex in its entirety. The system of meshed net increases supply guarantee notably. All the pipelines are PE100 according to UNE-EN 12201-2, nominal pressure 1 MPa (10 atm) with diameters DN400, DN355, DN250, DN200 and DN160.
Waste water network: this will run under the roads. The gravity collectors will be made with high density polyethylene pipelines, in line with UNE-EN 13476-3. The pressured pipelines that start from the pumping stations are projected in high density polyethylene PE100 in line with UNE-EN 12201-2, with nominal pressure 1 MPa (10 atm). The installation of wells is foreseen every 50 m approximately; the model of register wells is circular with prefabricated concrete.
Electrical Networks: the electrical installation projected will be connected to the future 20 kV network. From the general distribution centre three rings of medium tension distribution (20 kV) will leave, each one formed by an underground line with 3x(1x 400) mm2 of aluminium UNE RHZ1 12/20 kV conductors. Each ring will supply private centres for each lot, from which, likewise, sub-rings can depart. A total of 41 transformers of 630, 250, 160, 100 and 50 KVA in power are foreseen.
For the network of public lighting, it is foreseen that 90 mm PVC pipelines will be executed in beds of 2, 4 and 6 tubes, using Cu type cable, UNE-RV 0.6/1Kv, of sections of 6, 10, 16, 25, 35, 50 and 70 mm2. The estimated power of the installation is of about 32,000 kW using double light points of 10/5 m in the first class road, of 8/6 m in the second class, and simple lights 6m high in the third class road, while in the seafront walk embedded lights are foreseen. The network is rounded off with the corresponding Allocation Centres, Distribution and Transport Centres, Distribution Centres and the General Supply Control Panels.
Telecommunications Network: the communications infrastructure proposed is a broadband network capable of carrying both analogical and digital signals on a wide range of frequencies.
In addition, an Environmental Study was performed on the zone of Lacacão, within the Integrated Tourist Development Zone (ZDTI) of Santa Mónica – Lacacão.