The zone which is the object of the project is located in the central-eastern region of the island of Fuerteventura. The route runs through the towns of Puerto del Rosario and Antigua. It starts in the airport area, and runs until the crossroads of the FV-2 with the FV-50 in Antigua, better known as the “Pozo Negro Crossroads”.
The total length of the action is 18,300 metres. The most representative features are:
GENERAL CROSS SECTION: comprising a 37 metre wide platform divided into: four (4) 3.5 metre lanes (two in each direction); two (2) 2.5 metre external verges; two (2) 1 metre internal verges; four (4) 1 metre hard shoulders and a twelve (12) metre median. There is a width transition in the median from 4 metres to the above-mentioned 12 metres, between kilometre point 0+ 624 and kilometre point 1 + 100.
Three SPECIAL CROSS SECTIONS are projected in the corridor, which are:
- Cross section in Structures, with a 14.50 metre platform per roadway, divided into: two 3.5 metre (2) lanes; a 2.5 metre right verge and a 1 metre left verge; two hard shoulders of 1 metre and 1 metre, and at the edge on each side, for the implementation of the system of vehicle containment.
- Cross section in speed change lanes. All the lanes projected are of parallel type with a width of 3.5 metres for the lane itself; external verge of 2.5 metres and internal verge, when it separates from the corridor, of 1 metre. Externally, 1 metre hard shoulder of the corridor extends along the lane and the branch road.
- Cross section at median gaps, which, as prescribed by Regulation 3.1 -I.C., seven “median gaps” were projected, of 40 metres in length, with widening, on both sides, to 60 metres.
A single type of GRADING ROADSIDE DITCH, comprising a triangular ditch 3 metres wide and 3 metres high. With the apex placed 1.8 metres from the edge of the hard shoulder.
Beyond the ditch and before the excavation slope, a 1.5 metre hard shoulder has been set in place.
The GRADING SLOPES adopted are: 3V:2H for the embankment and 3V:1H for the levelling. When the height of the excavation exceeds 15 metres, there is a 3 metre wide shoulder, which is given 10% of inwards slope so that it serves as a retaining ditch in places where this is implanted.
FOUR STRUCTURES were projected for the corridor, being:
- STRUCTURE E1, 100 metres in length, between kilometre point 1+600 and kilometre point 1+760. The maximum height over the terrain is 6.45 metres.
- STRUCTURE E2, 300 metres in length, between kilometre point 2+660 and kilometre point 2+960. The maximum height over the terrain is 17.48 metres.
- STRUCTURE E3, 280 metres in length, between kilometre point 3+660 and kilometre point 3+880. The maximum height over the terrain is 12.72 metres.
- STRUCTURE E4, 280 metres in length, between kilometre point 11+660 and kilometre point 11+860. The maximum height over the terrain is 14.14 metres.
In addition to the structures cited, the six UNDERPASSES are projected which enable the above-mentioned junctions. For the Airport and El Castillo junctions, four 37-metre structures were planned with two arches at most, so that they do not hinder, if this were to be the case, the establishment of a third lane for each direction.
The other two structures, corresponding to the Las Salinas and the Antigua junctions, are made up of two frames of 12 and 13.5 metres clearance respectively.
Types of service provided
- Drafting project disigns
- Study of route alternatives
- Calculation of Structures