The work carried out in the project consisted of the drawing up of a Special Plan to design the service layout of the port of Puerto del Rosario. The objective was to finalise the solution to the problems of port-city adjustment with the planning authorities, and to have an instrument to regulate and specify the planning determinations and the proper administrative processes in order to put them into practice.
The Special Plan covers, in line with what article 56.2.a of state Port Law TR-LPEMM sets out, the port service zone and the surface areas of land needed for the performance of its activities, and those devoted to task complementary to those activities. This service area is rolled out along 1,530 m of coastline in the centre of the city.
The Special Plan regulation was organised by means of the division of its sphere into a series of areas subject to homogeneous planning and development conditions. To do this, specifically regulatory areas are established:
- A) COMMERCIAL DOCK ZONE:
- ADMINISTRATIVE-TERTIARY SUPPLY ZONE (AFT): This comprises the surface area of the lot which borders, along with the access road to the area of the commercial ock, the rest of the city. It is reserved for the use of supply, in particular administration, and compatible with tertiary use. Surface area of 4,196 m2.
- MULTI-PURPOSE AREA (AFP): Comprising those areas designed for storage of different types and for logistics. Surface area designed to be devoted to this area: 698 m2.
- GENERAL MERCHANDISE AREA (AFMG): Ground areas for manoeuvre, handling and storage of merchandise in general, as well as for industry and logistics. Surface area of 46,102 m2.
- STORAGE AND LOGISTICS AREA (AFA): Designed, in general terms, for the building of warehouses or open air storage as well as for logistics and industrial activity. Surface area of 580 m2.
- B) PORT-CITY INTEGRATION AREA
Constitutes two sub-areas: the one adjacent to the commercial dock area of 346 m2 and the one adjacent to the cruise dock, of 24,265 m2.
- C) CRUISE DOCK AREA
Designed to provide service to this type of traffic, with all its supplies, as well as the necessary administrative and office facilities. Surface area devoted to this area: 294 m2.
- D) MARINA-FISHING AREA
Assigned to develop the infrastructures of the future marina zone. Land area for this area: 482 m2.
- E) AREA OF FREE AND LEISURE SPACES
Assigned to the use of free and leisure spaces related to the enjoyment of the coast and of the sea. The respective surface areas of these areas are 212 m2 and 19,470 m2.
- F) ROAD NETWORK AREA
Assigned to the location of the road network, both pedestrian and for the supplies linked to the networks.
The total surface area covered by the Special Plan for the Layout of the service Zone for the Puerto del Rosario is 323,474 m2.