An increasing global population puts pressure on coastal areas and this severe impact is often compensated by gaining land from the sea. Ports are also focal points of economic activity found in the same hostile environment.
Consequently, coastal structures—such as breakwaters, groynes and jetties, ports and marinas—need to be designed and maintained to ensure that the conservation of areas reclaimed from the sea is not only feasible, but also environmentally sustainable. At SISTEMA INGENIERIA, we apply the principles of maritime engineering in our projects, and by studying waves and currents and their effects on port structures, coastal erosion and pollution of marine waters, we can build all kinds of structures in the sea with satisfactory results.
The company’s activities fall into the following three blocks:
- Planning, management and operation of ports and maritime transport.
- Port engineering. Ports, structures and maritime facilities.
- Coastal engineering. Defence and regeneration of coasts and beaches.
The main port and coast works SISTEMA INGENIERIA has performed in recent years are:
- UPGRADING THE COASTLINE OF LAS PLAYITAS
- CONSTRUCTION DESIGN OF THE PROMENADE AND UPGRADING THE COASTLINE, NUEVO HORIZONTE, EL CASTILLO
- REDEVELOPMENT DESIGN OF LAS CANTERAS AVENUE